Seville is the capital of southern Spain’s Andalusia region. I actually did a day trip from Algarve, Portugal but would have loved to spend longer here to admire its architecture for longer. All the main sites are extremely walkable from one another but it is definitely a lot of walking.
Here are my top recommendations:
- Plaza de Espana and Parque Maria Luisa just opposite Plaza de Espana which will then get you to the Museum of archeology and Museum of art and tradition
- Seville Cathedral and La Giralda (The bell-tower right next-door to the Cathedral). There are horse drawn carriages everywhere! You could probably take them to visit all the main sites if you are tired of walking
- Triana neighbourhood opposite the old city, and a view of of both sides from Isabel bridge including Torre Del Oro, a tower along the river
- Metropol Parasol – incredibly unique design! You can go up and they give you a free postcode and drink as part of the entrance fee
- Maestranza bull ring
- Alcazar Castle – the queue was so long so I had to give this a miss, but I’m sure it would have been beautiful
Extra note: Have paella of course!